For this project, I took an unexpected detour. Originally, the plan was to paint this nightstand Robin’s Egg Blue. But then I discovered irreparable rotted wood at that base. With a no longer had a functional nightstand, I came up with a plan “B”.
Out came my saw–and off came the front upper half of the nightstand. I also removed the front of the bottom drawer, and attached it to the top piece I had saved. I painted it Mint Green, and heavily distressed it with white primer showing through and black glaze accenting all its character.
So what was once a nightstand is now a coat rack with black hardware from Hobby Lobby!